Morass of the Banished
The Morass of the Banished is a third level biome that is exclusive to the Bad Seed DLC. The King banished people from the castle and village to this place. They made their homes high in the trees, safe from the ticks that live in the murky waters. But even so, a sacrifice is needed to guarantee true safety.
The leprous, diseased, and poor were sent away out of sight of the King and higher esteemed citizens of the kingdom. Having found themselves with no home in an extremely hostile environment, the Banished became wild and savage, using violence to survive the horrors of the Morass.
Access and exit
Accessed through the Dilapidated Arboretum, Prison Depths, or Promenade of the Condemned (with the ).
The only exit out of the Morass leads to the Nest, where Mama Tick awaits.
The Morass of the Banished contains 5 scrolls, including 2 Power Scrolls (with a third available in a guaranteed cursed chest), and 2 Dual-Stat Scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the use of runes to access. On (2+ BSC) there is a bonus Power scroll. When 3 BSC are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 BSC are active, this biome has 4 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Morass of the Banished based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||6 - 12||10 - 15||10 - 16||12 - 18||14 - 20|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||8 - 11||14 - 18||16 - 20||17 - 21|
Loot and shops
- 1 treasure chest behind a
- 1 cursed chest
- 10% for an additional cursed chest.
- 1 shop
Boss Stem Cells rewards
- 2 BSC - Food shop
The blueprint for the Banished, Blowgunners, and Giant Ticks respectively. Furthermore, the , and are looted from them respectively., the , and are exclusively found in the Morass as they are looted from the
In the Morass of the Banished, there are three unique enemies: the Banished, Blowgunners, and Giant Ticks
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Morass of the Banished on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Banished||Smoke Bomb, Banished's Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Blowgunner||Blowgun, Blowgunner's Outfit|
|Giant Tick||Rhythm n' Bouzouki, Tick Trainer's Outfit (4+ BSC)|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, No Mercy, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Cleaver||Death Orb, Spiked Shield|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots, Ninja Outfit (2 BSC)|
|Masker||Fire Blast, Ghost Outfit|
The room depicted in the picture contains two items that can be interacted with:
When examined, the Beheaded observes that the altar is:
- "Vaguely religious, these symbols seem to evoke a holy maternal figure."
- "...and a strange exhortation to consume wine?"
If the player has a Mushroom Boi! equipped, it is possible to sacrifice them to the altar. If one chooses to do so, Mama Tick will not spawn in the Nest, and the Mushroom Boi will be permanently removed from the inventory, as well as granting the Pact with the Devil achievement if it has not already been unlocked. Doing so will result in some unique dialogue.
When walking up to the altar, the Swamp Priest will exclaim:
- "A new disciple!"
Upon talking to them for the first time, they will say:
- "Welcome to our humble chapel brother! Are you ready to make a sacrifice?"
Subsequent interactions with the Swamp Priest will result in them randomly saying one of the following lines:
- "Pray for your salvation... with a sacrifice."
- "Words are meaningless, only sacrifices are important..."
- "Mama protect this lost child..."
- "Prove your devotion!"
- "Sacrifice will save you..."
- "Are you really faithful?"
The cellar has two objects that can be examined:
Upon examination the Beheaded will observe:
- "A bulletin board, a note is tacked to it."
- "Do not forget to clean the cellar on a regular basis: the meat will not last more than 3 or 4 days, after that it will begin to emit a foul odor."
A small secret room can be found within the Cellar lore room. It contains a single corpse, which results in the following text when examined:
- "It seems one of them made it out..."
- "The poor guy didn't get far."
- "There were some leftovers."
A piece of infected minor food is dropped. The food will always be infected, regardless of current game difficulty.
This lore room is often found in the area following the location of a Giant Tick. It has two objects that can be examined:
When examined, the Beheaded will bang on the pipe. think to himself, and exclaim:
- "I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere before..."
When examined, the Beheaded will exclaim:
- "They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..."
- "If anybody's been living off that, they must be MONSTROUS!"
- "Just the smell is already lethal..."
Letter and plant
In a lore room, a letter and a plant can be found. The letter reads:
- "Writing helps me keep what's left of my sanity. The swamp people were stunningly friendly... Apparently, their Mother loves flowers?"
- "The Priest helped me with a concotion done with the local herbs. Not sure if it's working, but I can definitely feel a new sort of pain in my stomach..."
Interacting with the wreath of plants:
- "What do we have here?"
- "Come out, come out..."
From this, a Mushroom Boi! drops.
- The biome was unintentionally accessible four days before the release of the Bad Seed DLC for all players, but it was blocked when the DLC was released.