The Clock Tower is a fifth level biome. The Clock Tower rises above the Stilt Village, up into the clouds. The only thing it does not look down upon is the king's keep. It is a bit nauseating to climb, although bearable.
Yet... There is something one will never get used to: Time. One can feel it looping, speeding up and slowing down at the same time. The purpose of this need for time adjustments is one known by few...
Access and exit
The Clock Tower can be accessed from the Stilt Village and the Slumbering Sanctuary.
The only exit out of the Clock Tower leads to the Clock Room, where the Time Keeper awaits. The exit is blocked by a door that requires the which can be found in a room at the top of one of the towers.
The Clock Tower contains 6 total scrolls: 4 Scrolls of Power and 2 Dual Scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the Teleport, Ram or Spider runes. On (4+ BSC) there is a bonus Scroll of Power. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 3 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 4 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Clock Tower based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||19 - 23||22 - 24||23 - 26||25 - 28||29 - 32|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||21 - 23||26 - 30||30 - 34||32 - 37|
Loot and shops
- 1 Treasure chest
- 2 weapon or skill shops
Boss Stem Cells rewards
- 1 BSC: Weapon or Skill shop
- 2 BSC: Cells vat
- 3 BSC: Treasure chest
There is a puzzle here involving the four background bells that grants theto the door leading to the blueprint for .
To solve this puzzle, the four bells must be rang in a specific order, from the lowest pitch to the highest. If you are having difficulties determining the correct order, it may be helpful to focus on the volume of the bells instead of the pitch. Additionally, the visual sound waves' distance between each each wave is unique for every bell.
The blueprint for the Automatons.can be looted from
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Clock Tower on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow, Skeleton Outfit|
|Bombardier||Powerful Grenade, Wave of Denial, Aphrodite Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots (1+ BSC), Ninja Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Cannibal||Hokuto's Bow, Dictator Outfit (4+ BSC)|
|Oven Knight||Kill Rhythm, Oven Axe|
|Demolisher||Acrobatipack, Arbalester's Outfit|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Mage Outfit|
The Time Keeper
- The Beheaded encounters a crossing area with a series of giant floating swords, with a few weird conditions and physics attached. It seems to be somewhat disturbed by them. Upon opening the door to a room, it feels "Like I'm floating, as if everything was speeding up and slowing down at the same time."
- A letter left by the Time Keeper indicates that she is repeating the same day over and over, as if time was rewinding every day. Indeed, the Time Keeper keeps track of all the infected people and monsters she has executed, but all her entries are classified as "Day 1". It would appear that this task is quite taxing for her, as the number of people and monsters executed per day lowers.
- A grimoire by the Alchemist reports he found a formulation (which likely includes the Sanctuary substance as base ingredient) that slows down the mutagenic effects of the Malaise.
- A guard's room contains a note which states that the guard is going to attempt to talk to the Alchemist about evacuating due to the rampant illness. The note is cut off before the word "Alchemist" can be finished. Behind the room is a secret alchemy lab.
- As with most biomes, there is a chance of finding a lore room with a bonfire, referencing the game Dark Souls. When you interact with a sword at the campfire, The Beheaded will say "The campfire was abandoned by an earlier visitor", "It won't hurt if i stay here a little" and "Something has changed". Words written on the wall spell "GIT GUD" when interacted with, and the dead man will give an item with some gold. An enemy will sometimes appear in the room, and will drop a lot of cells upon death (50 at 1 Boss Stem Cells).
- You need the .
- ↑ Clock Tower - Floating swords room GIF Gfycat, 2019-04-10
- ↑ ClockTower - Assassin letter GIF Gfycat, 2018-08-22
- ↑ ClockTower - Alchemist experiments GIF Gfycat, 2018-08-19