The Undying Shores is a fifth level biome exclusive to the Fatal Falls DLC. It is home to what was once a secretive group of necromancers known as the Apostates, which have now succumbed to the Malaise just like the rest of the Island, yet the horrific results of their experiments still continue to live on.
Access and exit
Can be entered from the Fractured Shrines, Graveyard and Stilt Village and exits to the Mausoleum. In order to enter the Undying Shores from the Fractured Shrines for the first time, one must be wearing the to open the door. Afterwards, the biome will remain permanently accessible. The blueprint can be looted from any of the cultist corpses lying around the Fractured Shrines, but it can also be equipped immediately if you possess one of the corpses with the .
The Undying Shores contains 6 scrolls, including 4 Scrolls of Power Scroll and 2 Dual Scrolls. On 4+ BSC there is a bonus Scroll of Power. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 3 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 4 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Undying Shores based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||19 - 23||22 - 25||23 - 26||25 - 28||29 - 32|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||20 - 22||26 - 29||30 - 33||32 - 36|
Loot and shops
- 2 guaranteed Weapon/Skill shops
- 1 guaranteed treasure chest
- A guaranteed Cell vat
In the biome there can be found a set of three doors with glowing symbols above them. One of them will open into a room containing theblueprint. The runes hinting at the correct door combination are found throughout the biome on small violet tapestries. The other two doors are fake. If you attempt to open a fake door, all three doors will be locked for the remainder of the run.
The blueprints for the Apostates and the blueprints for the and are dropped by Failed Homunculi.and are dropped by
In the undying Shores, there are 5 unique enemies: Apostates, Failed Homunculi, Compulsive Gravediggers, Clumsy Swordsmen and Dastardly Archers.
This biome has a unique feature where specific enemies from biomes that were previously visited during the current run will appear within the Undying Shores. Below is a list of what enemies will spawn depending on what biomes were visited:
- JerkshroomsTBS (visited Dilapidated ArboretumTBS)
- Runners (visited Promenade of the Condemned)
- Rancid Rats (visited Toxic Sewers)
- HarpiesRtC (visited Castle's OutskirtsRtC)
- Slashers (visited Prison Depths)
- Toxic Miasmas (visited Corrupted Prison)
- Buzzcutters (visited Ramparts)
- Disgusting Worms (visited Ancient Sewers)
- Spawners (visited Ossuary)
- BlowgunnersTBS (visited Morass of the BanishedTBS)
- BuersRtC (visited Dracula's CastleRtC)
- Cold Blooded GuardiansFF (visited Fractured ShrinesFF)
- Catchers (visited Graveyard)
- Festering Zombies (visited Stilt Village)
- Agitated Pickpockets (visited The Bank)
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Undying Shores depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Apostate||Ferryman's Lantern, Apostate Outfit|
|Failed Homunculus||Lightning Rods, Almost-Yourself Outfit|
|Grenadier||Fire Grenade, Magnetic Grenade|
|Bat||Knife Dance, Oiled Sword|
|Knife Thrower||Great Owl of War, Legendary Warrior's Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Slammer||Flawless, Tactical Retreat|
A desk can be found with research notes.
- "The Apostates' research on death and cellular decay were far more advanced than what I've seen elsewhere...."
- "They seem to endure better than the rest of the island."
- "We shared knowledge, and they handed me some precious samples. There may be another way to endure the Malaise..."
Inside the same room, a cell vat can be found. The Beheaded will comment on it if inspected.
- "This feels uncomfortably familiar..."
Behind a door there can be found a boat abandoned halfway through construction.
- "Wooden boats. They wanted to flee."
- "Why did some stay?"
Cell vat room
Behind a door, a giant room can be found with huge cell vats spread over three levels. Some are broken, some contain human remains, and some are filled with a mysterious liquid and a Cell. At the top level there is a desk on which a skull rests. In the background, plans can be seen that contain the symbol of the Beheaded. Upon inspecting the skull, the Beheaded says the following:
- "Seems oddly familiar."
Bench with a letter
A letter can be found next to a bench overlooking the Lighthouse.
- "The Apostates didn't fare any better than the rest of us."
- "Moments of consciousness are becoming rarer and shorter... I won't make it to the Lighthouse."
- "Maybe I'll find a decent place to rest down there"
A soldier's remains
In a room with a desk, there is a skeleton laying on said desk, next to some weapons and pieces of armor. A note next to the desk reads:
- "The Apostates fled when they saw us approach... The King is right, they must be behind that sickness!"
- "I'm staying here with a few of my men while the others are going back to the Castle, with all the Apostates' scrolls and books that we could gather."
- "Maybe the Alchemist can find a remedy in there?"
Apostate torture room
In a room, three apostates can be found dead. One on a table of storts struck with arrows. Another on the floor:
- "I hate those guys! And it seems someone else really did too..."
- "I hope I never meet them!"
And lastly, one hanged by a chain with slashes on it's body in a broken vat:
- "Whoever made that mess wasn't too fond of the experiments being done here."
The ones who killed the Apostates might had been the Servants (Shot, Crushed, Slashed). The Beheaded can interact with the door to said room. Doing so, he will comment something isn't right:
- "I didn't break that door!"
- "Something's not right..."